Monday 22 December 2008

Ruthern Bridge

First draft for Ruthern Bridge track plan. This proposes that the mine was still in existence with a few wagons being exchanged in the sidings at least once a week. (I still have not found out what was mine in these workings, I am hoping it is iron ore). There is also one wharf siding serving the local community which is gated.

Grogley is just one mile away so I have not included any platforms at Ruthern. I am proposing that the next station on the line to St. Blazey would be Bugle on the Par to Newquay line. Not settled on the next station towards Mawgan Porth and not sure if I really need to yet. If I ever do I may be looking at the stations on the Newquay to Chacewater line for inspiration. Possibly Perrenporth with its island platform otherwise it would be based on a typical North Cornwall line station layout.

I have not full worked on size of this layout but would put it in the region of 12 - 16 feet scenic frontage. It is a little large to be a first project, test layout. But it would make an interesting extension/addition to Grogley Junction or a stand alone second layout.

No comments: