Friday 1 November 2013

The Garage (Modelling Room) update

Thought I'd bore you all with what I've been up to in the garage during the last couple of weeks. Rather than trying to verbalise progress, a picture story board might be more interesting...


Stud panelling complete along one side wall


Starting on the other side wall


Tanking slurry finally finished on pillars and around window and door reveals


Late finish last Saturday evening. It's not a garage any more! (Though the side door and window stud wall panels need finishing). Extra noggins have been installed in the end wall to help with the fitting of a work bench.


After a tidy-up the following day, I moved the strip lights onto the end walls ready for fixing plasterboard to the ceiling. (Garage door end)


The garage has not been this empty since I moved in. (Rear wall end)


Wickes had their 100mm Celotex on offer so, a little earlier than planed, I have all the insulation for the walls in the garage. I can work around the inconvenience of the early purchase if it potentially saves me £150.00.


Two side wall stud panels insulated. Installing wall insulation has been brought forward in the project. I thought this was the best place for the Celotex rather that tripping over it while working on the ceiling.

Well that's the current state of play.

Due to the Wickes offer I've got a little ahead of myself as not all stud walls are complete. So the plan for this weekend is to: finish the window stud panel; fix the side door and window stud panels into position, and install the plasterboard ceiling. I'll then continue with insulating the walls during weekday evenings.

If I manage to finish the ceiling by Sunday evening it should start to feel more like a room rather than a garage...

1 comment:

Bob said...

Well, what progress and what a great space for modelling !

Don't forget to leave time for the relaxing part !