Factual potted history of the Bodmin & Wadebridge Line.
1848 - LSWR took control of the Bodmin & Wadebridge Railway
1862 - China Clay traffic started to be carried between Wenford Bridge and Wadebridge. It was also proposed during this year that the Ruthern Bridge branch be extended to serve a proposed iron ore mine at Withiel.
1864 - Launceston, Bodmin & Wadebridge Junction Railway obtained an Act of parliament for the construction of a line from Launceston to Wenford Bridge. Also a second act to extend the line from Ruthern Bridge to Truro and change its name to Central Cornwall Railway. (Both proposals did not come to fruition, but for the model the latter did).
1865 - Bodmin and Wadebridge railways track was relayed using second-hand rail from LSWR. The Bodmin and Wadebridge act of this year also contain permission to realign the Wenford line involving several crossings of the River Camel and the junction at Dunmere also the construction of a south to east curve near Grogley to accommodate through traffic.
1873 - Two proposed lines. One was to extend from Wenford to Delabole slate quay. The second was an extension from Ruthern Bridge to join the Cornish Minerals Railway being built between Fowey and Newquay. Part of the plan was the construction of a south to east curve at Grogley to avoid reversal of trains. (For the model I have assumed that the extension to join the Cornish Minerals Railway was built).
1879 - Further relaying of track. Why? How? (Further research required?)
1882 - North Cornwall Railway with the backing of the LSWR obtained an Act to build a line from Launceston to Wadebridge and Padstow
1886 - An agreement drawn up between the LSWR, Bodmin and Wadebridge Railway and the GWR to control GWR access to Wadebridge. The LSWR were to rebuild the B&WR including a new station at Wadebridge
1888 - (3rd Sept.) GWR completed the extension from Bodmin to Boscarne
1895 - LSWR arrived at Wadebridge after the opening of the Delabole to Wadebridge section of the North Cornwall Railway on the 1st June.
1963 - (1st Jan.) All control of the B&WR pasted to the WR.
1964 - (June) Bodmin North passenger service reduced to a shuttle service between Bodmin North and Boscarne Junction.
Using proposed acts and extensions outlined above to create the fictional Grogley Junction:
1862 - The extension to Withiel was constructed
1873 - The extension from Ruthern Bridge join the Cornish Minerals Railway was built and used to transport Clay, Iron and De Lank Quarry stone to St. Blazey and Fowey. Fowey which offering better sea access.
1882 - The North Cornwall Railway with the backing of the LSWR obtained and Act to extend the line from Withiel to Mawgan Porth.